In 1949 in the month of May, Dr.Dolarbhai Mankad with a vision of having a college for rural area ,met with a clear proposal to Shri U.V.Dhebar,the C.M. of that time. He gave permission to start a college for the remote area of Saurashtra region.
Shri Darbar Gopaldas Desai took responsibility for economic arrangements. But, he passed away in 1951. But Dolarbhai kept his name with the college though no funding was yet givan, keeping in mind the promise he gave before his death.Till today the college is running in the name of his memory.In 1953,June, Gujarat University gave affiliation to the arts college.
In 1963,the college was converted into a Teacher Training College.It is situated in the midst of very natural surroundings. It has connectivity by train, bus and Highway on bith the ends. So, the students get frequency of public transportation too.
On the establishment of Saurashtra University, the college got affiliated to it.In 2020, as per the Government declaration, the college got affiliation with Indian Institute of Teacher Education- Gandhinagar.